Thursday, March 4, 2010

Me gusta Dulce de Leche

Alright -- finally up to date! Woke up late today, finally got a good night's sleep...it is HOT here. Crazy humid too, but we keep our door open. Our room opens to a small balcony over the street and is always open. Still not confident enough to get around by myself although I think I'm gonna start wandering pretty soon now that I at least know what streets I live on! Went to a dulceria and had the best fruit tarts and a banana pastry with dulce de leche. So good, and they are everywhere -- I'm thinking of joining a gym so that should help. Theres a small sandwich place right across the street too and I got a couple of those for lunch. Basically two layers of white bread with different fillings, I got tomato/ham, olive/ham, and tomato/queso...3 little sandwhiches for 4 pesos (barely over a dollar)! They were good, but I'm still a fan of the empenadas. Getting ready now for a CEA event to eat, drink, and learn to prepare mate - a local drink, as far as I know it's an infusion. More on that soon!

No comments: