Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Skype-tastic

Despite the often horrible internet here, Skype has been a lifesaver. For anyone who doesn't know, Skype is basically just a free "phone call" from computer to computer...and an extra perc is if both parties have a webcam, you can see the person you're speaking to - as close to being face to face as you can get sitting in another country! Some of my more fun Skype experiences include watching the KY derby, watching the creation of some abstract art, seeing part of an Australian campus, having an original song performed for me to the tune of some mean guitar, and finally getting a clear call to a much missed amiga! Of course just chatting with everyone is always great too. There is some pretty cool technology out there, but Skype is officially my favorite travel accessory yet! Best of all it's free, easy to use and understand...just a quick download away. I actually just downloaded it to my flash so I can open it on any computer (Someone I met travelling shared this with me, thought it was a good idea!) So if you know we need to catch up, look me up and we'll set up a Skype date. :) Until then, Ciao y besos!

PS - for the latest version/download start here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/home

No comments: