Friday, May 14, 2010

Back to reality...

To say the least, I am not ready to leave this place. All the time I hear other Americans talking about how it's been great but they think when the time comes, they will be ready to go home. I unfortunately, have not had that feeling. I woke up today with a sense of urgency, a horrible relaization that it is May 14th and I barely have over a month left here. I am still meeting people, discovering places, and I have this overwhelming sense that it will all be over soon. I am loving every minute of it but I think for my remaining time here I am going to try and do more, see more to really get to know this city. A lot of us have used the term "going back to reality" in reference to home but one of the best parts of being here is realizing this is my reality for now...so I'm going to take advantage of it as much as possible while I can :)

No comments: