Friday, June 4, 2010

6/3/2010

Goodbye Yvette, I know you knew how much you were loved.
You were the glue, and the light of so many peoples lives. You were not a victim of cancer, you were a conqueror of it. What so many would take as a final death sentence, you took almost 10 years ago as if it were a common cold. I remember our talk about the wording, the mind-set of it all. You were, in fact living with cancer. You beat the odds more than once, and never took any credit for it. I wish I could write more eloquently about you, about it, becasue it is the least I could do. But that's just it. I didn't learn how to decorate life with frills from you, I learned how to live. And for as much as you knew, you will never know how much that has meant to me. I am more than thankful for the time we had together, for the long talks, the food, the crafts. For the distance, and the gaps between visits - we did a pretty good job. My biggest regret is that we couldn't have longer. I would have loved to grow up with you. Thank you for teaching me about life, for always believing in me, and for giving me something to aspire to. I love and miss you so much. RIP

Your neice,

Chelsey

No comments: